Monday, June 11, 2012

Sports Day

Sports Day is a school festival where all the classes compete against each other in different events. I took so many pictures that day of my students. Each class had their own themed costume, and even the homeroom teachers dressed up along with their students.

These are two of my first year high school girls. The placards usually have the girl's names on them, unless they have a boyfriend like the girl on the right. 

Second year high school, I think. It's hard to tell because she has her face covered, haha!
Notice the cutesy poses. They are professionals!

First year high school! She's one of my faves.

Matching costumes to show their class unity and pride. 
Also, those balloons are surprisingly loud when hit together.

2nd years...I think. I'm getting my classes mixed up.

This girl is a superstar. Everyone knows and loves her. She's hysterical! She also keeps the class in line for me.

2nd year! The Lions are Daegu's professional baseball team. They take their baseball seriously here.
 
 She's a cutie.

So cute! I so wish that their homeroom teacher had worn a matching outfit. He's one of my co teachers, and I would have loved to have seen him in a dress.

First year middle school! Loved their outfit choice.

Practicing for the three-legged race which the homeroom teachers participated in.

More cute posing, and an impressive use of Konglish (aka Korean-English). Her bottom placard reads "Fly tonight" but broken down phonetically in Korean.

First years! 

More first years, and these girls are trouble makers! But in a good-hearted sort of way.

Second years.

More second years! These two are comedians.

Haha, a couple of my favorite second years. They are incredibly lively.

This is the third year high school relay race.

One of my first year middle school girls! Isn't she adorable??

They are the third leg of the relay, after their team mates have eaten those cookies with no hands.

Students paired up with their homeroom teachers for the three-legged race.

These are two of my co teachers: Nam and Noh (from left to right).

Noh looking really excited! Haha!

Nam looking calm and classy even when sprinting.

Middle School First Years!

I have no idea where they had these banners made, but each team had one and an original flag. They went all out in preparing for Sports Day.

Another of my co teachers, Jung.

Two of my third year high school girls! I don't teach any of their classes, but these two come visit me every day during lunch break to talk.

More of my third year girls!

Third years!

These girls come visit me during lunch too. They are so funny!

More third years! The girl on the right was the first of my lunch-time visits.

One of my second years! She sings beautifully.

Second years! These girls are a handful, but they are the most fun!

More second years! Also a lively bunch.

One of the second year classes. They are probably my favorite class as a whole.

Adorable.

This is another co teacher (not a student). She is incredibly adorable and petite.

The craziest and greatest (and I don't mean their English level) of my students!

Haha, um...yeah. Bunny ears and tails and tug-of-war.

The one with the penguin glasses is part of my lunch-time crew. 

Lunch-time crew!

Middle School 2nd years!

More 2nd year middle school!

3rd year middle school. Great girls!

Haha, they wanted a jumping picture so bad!

End!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog Sara! I'm so happy that you are doing so well! I love your pictures! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete